Having worked with hundreds of clients over the last few years I have discovered that one of the most important things I can help my clients with is self-belief, this is because once you believe in yourself, believe you deserve the best for your life then you will do whatever it takes to create Health and Happiness and will always look for solutions rather than problems in any situation.
My most successful clients never focus on what they are giving up, they focus on what they will gain at the end of their programme of working with me whether that is 21 days, 6 weeks, 3 or 12 months.
Today I just wanted to share my top 5 tips on taking control, being the BOSS of your own life and boosting your Self Belief / Confidence.
- Deep breathing: practice deep breathing until it becomes a habit. Breathe in for a count of five, breathe out for a count of 7, repeat 5 times. Anytime you feel your self-belief/confidence slipping stop and just breathe – this will calm and centre you and allow you to put things into perspective. Often when our thoughts start to spiral, they very quickly get out of control and a thought that starts as “I can’t do this” very quickly becomes “I’m useless I can’t do anything, why even bother to try” BUT if you can catch this at “ I can’t do this” take a few deep breaths and put it into perspective you will feel better about yourself and subsequently whatever you are trying to achieve and you will keep trying until you can. Remember no one is an expert the first time they do anything – it takes hours of practice.
- Acknowledge your emotions: a lot of my clients think they have to be positive all the time and that they can’t feel sad, angry or upset. I think this is a misunderstanding of all the positivity messages out there and can cause confusion. We are humans and as humans we have a whole range of emotions so rather than ignoring and burying them, acknowledge them. The good news is that scientifically an emotion ONLY lasts 90 seconds – so acknowledge the feeling and then let it go: Reframe and get back to a place of feeling positive and happy. For example, you could say I’m upset/resentful/angry that I have to change my diet because I love …….. (whatever it is) BUT I acknowledge this and understand that by changing it, it will improve your energy levels and health in the long term.
- List your goals and ambitions: why are you doing what you are doing. When times get tough you can focus on your goals and remind yourself WHY you are doing what you are doing. Would you go to the airport to go on holiday without picking a destination and booking a flight first – probably not? It’s a lot easier to get where you are going – IF you know WHERE you are going and WHY.
- Laugh out loud: if you find you are dwelling on the past, either a mistake you made, something that didn’t work out the way you expected and you keep beating yourself up over this, it will continuously lower your Self-belief/confidence. Find funny videos to watch on YouTube this will distract you and laughing will instantly change your mood. You cannot smile and be grumpy at the same time – go ahead and try it now………………. did you notice it is physically impossible to stay sad, mad or grumpy and smile at the same time.
- Gratitude: last but not least this is one of my favourite techniques. Be grateful that you are in control, you are the boss of you and you have choices. You have the choice in every moment in every situation: you can choose how you react. Be grateful for what you do have, rather than focusing on what you don’t have. Be grateful you can change your life IF YOU choose to. Every single day writes down 3-5 things you are grateful for. Try this for 30 days and I promise you, your life will change. The more you are grateful for, the more you will have to be grateful for and your Self-belief/ Confidence will grow exponentially.
I really hope you try some of these techniques or all of them if you can. They work, they have worked for me, they work for my clients and they will work for you. The only reason why they won’t work is if you don’t do them and/or don’t do them consistently, taking a half-hearted approach is not going to work. Commit to it – what have you got to lose? If you need help and support then join me in my FREE 5 Day Be the BOSS of Your Life programme: click here
I’d love to hear from you, which techniques you tried and how they worked for you. If you’d like to share please do get in touch I love to hear from you and if you need help, would like to improve your health, be happier and more confident then please get in touch to find out how we can help you at Kerry’s Natural Health Solutions along with our FREE 5 Day Be the BOSS of Your Life programme: which you can find here we do have a number of other programmes that may be a fit for you. You can also join our Facebook community here
I have to tell you something amazing has happened!! I have been using the visualization technique daily and feel like a miracle has happened with my mindset PLUS an added bonus I have given up smoking… I just found that after a few days I just didn’t want to smoke anymore, thank you xx SG, UK
Thank you – after completing the 5 Day Programme and the follow on 14 Day Programme my income has doubled. I never thought it could be this easy and it was just my mindset holding me back. I really appreciate these simple, easy and fabulous programmes! CB, Kent
I am halfway through Kerry’s 21 Day programme, it’s hard to explain but I feel happier, my moods have improved and my cravings have gone, I am definitely healthier as my blood sugar readings have come down from 6.8 to just over 4 and I have lost weight, I feel more confident and the best part is that I have found it soo easy! I will be telling everyone – thank you! DJ, Kent